Monday, April 28, 2008




Dear Friends,




Its my pleasure to bring to your notice a recorded copy of My Master's speech on the occasion of the Birth Anniversary of Thakur Shri RamaKrishna. I hope that these words of His will provide a light to all of us in this transcendental journey.


Love and light,
Swamiji


Today, the 16th of March 05, in the auspicious occasion of the birth anniversary of Thakur Shri Ramkrishna, Shri Bhagavan spoke to His devotees thus,Shri Bhagavan," I had started with Thakur Shri Ramkrishna. In the year 1971, Thakur first came to my life. He appeared before me saying, Everything will happen to you. But, I didn't understand whatit meant. Now, everything happened to me, but how? I haveput everything in my life.Inspite of being a house holder, I had practiced this knowledge. That is why this movement had spread worldwide. It has become an International movement. Now if you want to establishVedanta Society, you have to be qualified. You have tobecome. Becoming is religion. This becoming is necessary for everybody. Who have excelled in that, will be evident to him. Because Knowledge is known by itself. Knowledge has to be tested; you have to seethe following things,

a) Have I become truly fearless? When the SelfKnowledge is firm, one becomes fearless.

b) Have I become truly selfless? If the Self Knowledgebecomes firm, one becomes selfless.

c) Have I become a true lover of mankind?

With a firmSelf Knowledge, one becomes a lover of mankind.


(Bhagavan- the founder and core of IVS)


To make the knowledge firm, Shri Bhagavan gave the following directives:-

a) Our austerity (Sadhana) is the Self or the Atman, so as the sayings of the Upanishads goes: Know that Atman or the Self, stop talking of others ; He is the bridge to immortality.

b) To know thy Self, Shri Bhagavan gave this path,Think of your thoughts.

c) If any work is left after the Self Knowledge,its only one, Spread the message of Vedanta to each and every house."

Shri Bhagavan said that after these many years ofexperience the knowledge which came to Him is that ,envy will remain, ego and anger will remain, we haveto accept these. Poison will be there but thereshould be the strength to digest it. Every work ofShri Bhagavan has been accomplished. Now its time forthe devotees to start working. But this work should beperformed by the strength of spirituality. The strength of the Knowledge, love and truth is needed.We have to tell the world about religion in a new way.

No comments: