Monday, March 10, 2008

Letter from Shivendra, a devotee of Bhagavan


Revered Swamiji,
Hare Krishna,
I am so fortunate to have got a diamond opportunity to have met my master last week on Mar 02, 2008.I had been so eager to get His blessings for a long time.All the time it seems He used to play hide-and-seek with me.Of course, He is Lord Krishna, so He can play hide-and-seek with anybody but yes,He has infinite love too.Whenever I tried to meet Him earlier, it could never be possible.Actually, I am not in that position to take it as hide-and-seek game being played with me.All the time I was sad cursing my luck.Whenever He visited Amingaon,I used to be out of my institute and when I went Kolkata last month regarding my visa for US, He was in Puri.I was very uneasy to meet Him that day but I had no other option to leave Kolkata without having met Him.Really, it was very painful.Finally, my visa processing got suspended the same day.I became very sad again but I was happy the same time as I murmured to myself "Probably my master wants this happen so that I can get another chance to come Kolkata and to meet Him".Finally happened the same and I went again to Kolkata to collect my visa and thus stars shone and I reached Birati to have His blessings.
...As per the instructions of Swami Nirgunananda Ji, Swami Prajnanananda Ji and Swami Premananda Ji, I left Tollygunge at around 1600 Hrs.. and started for Birati.Finally I reached Birati at 1730 Hrs.Swami Prajnanananda Ji had spoken to Swami Sankarananda Ji before I started for Birati.I asked the location of Mayer Bari from a local person and proceeded to meet Him with lots of questions rising in my mind just like water waves in a sea.I kept questioning myself "Whether I will be able to meet Him today.Will He talk to me? How much time will I get to speak Him?If there would be a crowd of devotees then how will I get His blessings?etc.etc."I was floating in my questions and started walking languidly.I was just following two persons on the road.After a few minutes, I saw both of them entering the Mayer Bari compound. I thought them to be devotees of Bhagavan Ji and thought them to going for prayer because it was the nearly the prayer time.Although the shine board of Mayer Bari was there but still to make it confirmed I asked them "Uncle, is it the Mayer Bari?" One of those two replied "Yes".I entered the compound and kept walked enthusiastically leaving both of them behind.After a few steps I got confused about the place as I was supposed to go to the IVS office.Being confused I stopped there and when looked back, O my God, He was Bhagavn Ji and Sri Tapas Ji, to whom I asked "Uncle, isit the Mayer Bari".Actually He was returning from an evening walk.Bhagavan Ji took me to the office where I met Sankarananda Swamiji.
Bhagavan Ji asked me to have a seat He too sat in a chair.Conversation started:

"What's your name?"
"Shivendra Pandey."
"Okay, I have heard about u a lot u.Where are u originally from?"
"Bhagavan Ji,I am from Amethi..How is your physical health now?"
"It's better as compared to previous days...So, is it your first visit to Kolkata?"
"No, it's second.I had come on Feb 01 before this visit."
"Okay, so u have some work or what?"
"Yes, for visa"
"Where are u going? And for what a duration?"
"To Florida university for 2 and a half months"
"Have we met earlier?"
"Yeah, once in Amingaon"
"Oh yes, in Amingaon we have met."
"Bhagavan Ji, I was very eager to meet u but all the time it could not happen as I was out of IIT Guwahati whenever You visited Amingaon"
"But, this time it happened..right?"
"Yeah, I am so happy to have met u today"
"How is Maharaj Ji?..At present only Ramananda Swami and Maharaj Ji are there..Swarup has left for Varanasi"
"Yes, he will be back on Tuesday"
"To whom u use to talk these days? Swarup or Maharaj Ji"
"Everybody but generally I use to talk to Ramananda Swamiji and Swarup swamiji"
"Okay,..Ramananda Swamiji."
"Yes."
"Where are u staying here"
"Sealdah City lodge"
"Everything is okay? Any problem there?"
"No Bhagavanji, everything is okay"
"So u are coming from there?"
"No, I reached sealdah at 8:00 and then I went to Tollygunge from there I came here"
"Swamijis are fine there?..Did u face any problem?"
"Yeah they are fine.I faced no problem."
"How did u come?"
"By bus."
"Okay, while returning u can go by train...How did u know the location of this place?"
"Asked at Ganguram's shop.Swamiji had told me."
"Okay.So u were told about Ganguram's shop by swamiji"
"Yes."

By this time He had taken His tea.I also had tea to take.I first offered it to Bhagavan Ji.He touched the biscuits in my plate and said"Okay.I have touched it." and He asked me to take tea and He left the office.After a short time He came back to me.By that time I also had finished it.He asked:
"Tea over?"
"Yes, I have to wash it"
"No, leave it there..come with me.Let's go to prayer hall"
I followed Him to prayer hall.
He started "This is actually my home that I have converted to ashrama.Here Vedant is discussed all the time.People use to come throughout the day or phonecalls.Thus Vedanta is discussed always..So, what made u to come here?"
"Actually I use to talk to Maharaj Ji, Probuddhananda Swamiji, Prajnanananda Swamiji, Premananda Swamiji and mostly I keep in touch with Probuddhananda Swamiji through internet.This way I feel very great with them and fortunately I am here to get Your blessings "

"How do u feel"
"Happiness,peace, very good in studies and confidence in self"
"Okay, confidence in this (Pointing to self)"
"Yes"
"Very good."

After that I came back to office with Sankarananda Swamiji and talked to him.After a very long time I was fortunate to speak to Swamiji.First time I had met him in May 2006 only for a few hours. It was second meeting with him...After that we again went to prayer hall as it was prayer time.
Bhagavan Ji asked "Do u understand Bengali? No!"
"I do but a very little bit"
"Okay,A very little bit !"

Now it was prayer time.After prayer, Bhagavan Ji discusses vedanta.Finally after Mahamantra, He asked to Sri Tapas Ji "U will be leaving for Sealdah?"He replied"Yes"
Bhagavan Ji asked me "Get prasad and go with him.He is also going to Sealdah"
"Okay Bhagavan Ji"
"Tomorrow, do give me a call after u get your visa. ok?"
"Okay Bhagav ji"
"Okay then!"

And unwillingly I left Birati.It was extremely painful toleave Him but I had to leave..I felt the infinite love in Him for everybody.I have no specific word to express His love and generousity.He is everything.He is beyond everything.Nothing can map Him.How do I express my feeling within the boundaries of words.He is infinite.His love is infinite but I have only finite words.I feel more and more, deeper and deeper but I am getting myself unable to express..Love You so much My Master!!!!!!!!

(Shivendra Pandey ,Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India, devotee of Bhagavan)

No comments: